Thursday 23 June 2016

Moa story

  Moa Story

WALT recount/ retell  an interesting event.
The purpose of our story is to entertain, retell and inform.

Success Criteria:
Content & ideas
  • Hook in the reader at the start - hint of a problem
  • Create suspense- don’t give too much information- give clues
Sentence Formation
  • Write a variety of sentence starters and vary the lengths of sentences to create excitement.
Vocabulary
  • I use interesting verbs and describing words.
  • I choose words suitable to the topic
Structure
  • Introduction - setting (time, weather, place etc), character/s
  • Middle - problem
  • Conclusion (ending)
  • One paragraph for one idea and detail about the one idea.
Spelling
  • I write most essential list words accurately - no sloppy mistakes.
Punctuation
  • I use basic punctuation correctly        
  • . , ! ? “ “
  • I am proofreading and checking my writing

Start your story here
Suddenly Hanna, Georgia  and I got washed out from our group in a big flood into the biggest forest we had ever seen. We walked through the dark scary old broken tree’s  and found a nice comfortable bed in a scary old  broken bush.
Finally we can sleep but we are separated from the boot camp Riley J!
Twitch  twitch we were up by 3 seconds.
In the shadow on the hard solid ground where the fire stood there was a  monster standing right in front of Hanna, Georgia and I.
What is it, is it, it can’t be.
What if it’s a pig, no what if it’s a  toothless tiger, no it’s probably an alligator.
The monster came out of the dark.
It was a little weeny mouse. Ooh it’s so adorable. The monster stood by the fire. Should I touch it no what if it’s evil.
When I looked down at the mouse it had a big scratch on her smallest leg.
Did you bring the bandages Hanna? Yes, okay let’s cut the bandages so it’s the right size.
There better now it can rest and be safe.  He or her can sleep in my bed tonight.
The next morning the mouse was gone I hope he or her can be safe in that big bad forest?  When I went to sleep and dreamed that I will be home in my comfortable bed? when I woke up in the smelly old forest and I said to Hannah and Georgia that we can’t  tell the big secret of the forest or tell the secret now!

No comments:

Post a Comment